Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Living in Angeles City

Angeles City in the eyes of a North American.

I am a Canadian who has been living in Angeles City for almost 4 years.
My goal is to write posts concerning all aspects of Angeles, Balibago, Pampanga and/or the Philippines in general.


After visiting many other areas of the Philippines my choice has been to remain in Angeles City although I do have a preference for Cebu

Life in the Philippines is quite different from living in Canada or the United States and it can take some time to get used to the culture and traditions that exist in the Philippines. Fortunately almost everyone speaks some English and most businesses advertise in English. There are several dialects in the Philippines and although I have tried to learn some Tagalog I have not been too successful at it, probably because I can get by with English, I'm lazy or too old to learn! But if you want to communicate freely and understand what Filipinos are saying learning their language is certainly an asset and is sure to please. 

1 comment:

  1. robertjacs@gmail.comJuly 20, 2011 at 2:03 AM

    Hi John, I loved your blog and I would very much like you to email me as I have many questions to ask you. My wife is divorcing me after 30 years and I am freaked out and your life sounds like what I will need. Thanks for your time and effort. Robert

    ReplyDelete